**December 1st, 6:45pm update! If you are getting a message from e-junkie or paypal that says your payment has not been confirmed. Just wait! Your download email should arrive in about an hour. If you still have not received it, email help@truthinthetinsel with the email address that is associated with your Paypal account.**
1. I’m an ebook newbie. How do I download it?
- After clicking on an ADD TO CART button, you will be given basic windows and prompts to complete your purchase via PayPal.
- Once you’ve paid you will see a button that says COMPLETE PURCHASE.
- After you’ve clicked it, a new window will open that says, “You made a payment! Click here if you are not redirected within 10 seconds.”
- Once being redirected you will see this screen with the download link:
- This is where you download the ebook! Click the download link and it will automatically download for you.
- You will then receive 3 emails: one from Paypal as a receipt for your purchase, one from “Truth in the Tinsel” with the download link and a 3rd email from “Truth in the Tinsel” with order details that also includes a download link. If you don’t get these emails, please look through your spam folder and/or double-check that you are using the same email you used with Paypal.
- If you pay with an eCheck via Paypal, you will not be sent your download link until the check clears.
2. What is the target age for the book?
I wrote the book for my kids who are 3 and 5. But I began doing these type of advent activities when my daughter was only 1. And on the other hand, I think if your kids like to do crafts, they’ll enjoy the book no matter how old they are!
3. How do I view it and save it on my iPad?
The iPad usually opens it in a browser. Tap the front page (or pull down) to see a bar that says, “Open in iBooks”. From there you will be able to save as a .pdf in iBooks. If you are using an alternate browser on your iPad, you may need to download the book on your computer and then sync it via iTunes.
4. How do I view it and save it on my Kindle, Kindle Fire, Nook, Phone, etc.?
Truth in the Tinsel is a PDF. Any device that can open a PDF can read the book. If you have problems downloading, google your device and PDF (ie. “how to open a PDF on my kindle fire”)
5. Will it print the green background?
It is designed to print without the background. However, if your printer/computer doesn’t have print options, it may print the green background. Please look through your print options and deselect PRINT BACKGROUND. (see my printed page, the ink is not that heavy!)
6. Can I give the book as a gift?
If you buy several at once, you may email the download link you received to those you are gifting it to. If you experience a problem with this, please email us and we will personally send your gift recipients a download link.
7. Can I share my ebook?
If you email, print or give the book to someone else while maintaining a copy for yourself, it would be the same as if you photocopied a book from your bookshelf and gave it away. Please refer to the copyright information on page 2 of the ebook.
8. Can I print multiple copies of the printable ornaments?
The printable ornaments are original art created for Truth in the Tinsel. You can print multiple copies for your personal home use. If you would like to print multiple copies for your church, small group or friends, you can purchase bulk copies at a discounted price. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. How do I download it on multiple devices (phone, computer, tablet)?
You have up to 6 download opportunities via e-junkie. Use these to download to all your devices. Refer to your confirmation emails from “Truth in the Tinsel” to find your download link.
10. Do I have to own a Kindle, Nook or iPad to read the book?
No, the book is a PDF. You can read it directly on your computer, your phone or any device that can open a PDF.
11. I’m having trouble downloading the ebook and/or the printable ornaments. Can you help?
Problems downloading usually have to do with your reader (Adobe Reader or Preview, etc.) or your browser (Firefox, Safari, Explorer, etc.). Make sure you have downloaded the most recent version of your reader. If that doesn’t work, try cutting and pasting the URL of the PDF into another browser.
12. My kids are too little/ this looks too hard/ I just didn’t know what I was getting into–will you give me a refund?
We will do a refund but before you buy, please make sure you check out our Sample Page to see a full day’s devotion and tutorial from the book, our Top Ten Tips post which includes a video of me walking you through the ebook.
12. I’m missing a few pages of the printable paper chains. Where can I get them?
Click here to download them!